Wednesday, November 7, 2012

In The Aftermath


Received from a friend ......
 
Four years ago, on the evening of the first Tuesday in November, I wept. They were tears of sadness, because I knew as the election results became evident, that our Republic would be transformed, and that my children might never know the liberty and prosperity that generations of Americans had enjoyed.
 
But they were also tears of despair. I had seen what was coming! I had gone to the polls! This was the result?! Perhaps merely voting was not enough. I knew this American experiment was worth fighting for, but I felt very much alone and directionless.
 
Then, the Tea Party movement began; the 9/12 Project was founded. I met in those groups like-minded patriots who would be silent no longer, and were ready and willing to fight to change the misguided path on which the Nation had just embarked. Suddenly, I was not alone, and I found an effort into which I could channel my time and motivation. I give humble thanks to all of those who were courageous enough to help in the creation of these groups, to everyone who has shepherded them along for nearly four years, and to every member who has given of their time and treasure. I have no doubt that God looks kindly upon your efforts.
 
I write this to let you know that no matter the results this Tuesday, I will not shed tears of despair. Whichever path this Nation begins to journey on Wednesday, I know that I have new-found friends and associates with whom I will continue the fight to save this Republic. It is a generationally long battle which we face, but I now know that I am not alone, and I want to thank each and every one of you for that."
 
[Courtesy Tim Curtis - Chair, The Tampa 9-12 Project]

No comments:

Post a Comment